Interesting information about a hearing condition called tinnitus from Sue Vincent
Today there will be a two minute silence, an act of Remembrance. How many will hear it?
‘Quite. Do you realise that the word silent and the word listen are comprised of the same set of letters arranged in a different order?’
‘And what can be gained from listening to the silence I wonder?’
‘Well, nothing actually because you can’t listen to silence you have to listen in silence. Try it!’”
Heart of Albion: Tales from the Wondrous Head
Outside the world sleeps, birds are silent, there is no noise from the road in the pre-dawn darkness. I have to get up. It was the silence that woke me. It often does.
The kettle is on, filling the kitchen with prophetic, protective noise. The fridge hums and the computer whirrs. The dog whimpers and chases birds in her dreams, snoring occasionally. I am grateful. It is, for me, a…
View original post 803 more words
Source: Waste no more time…
The next Iron Man…talk about inspiration!! AWESOMENESS!
I would like to thank Charles Ray‘s fantastic book review blog and also everyone that takes the time to read my blog. I am very honored to be nominated for this award that I will proudly display on my site.
Now I reveal 7 things about myself you may or may not have known.
1. I wrote my first novel in High School. Chapters were sold for $0.25 cents each…It kept my car in gas.
2. My favorite book is “Peck’s Bad Boy and his Pa“.
3. When my son and daughter were born, I was in the room watching.
4. I have the honor of being married to the same woman for forty-five years. If I had to do it again, I would in a heartbeat.
5. My first published novel, “The Wolf’s Moon” was written in longhand and took about a year or so to finish.
6. I love to watch nature, watching flowers grow in one of our many gardens. Sitting in the room where I write I watch the animals drink from the creek.
7. Most of all, I love working with my wife each day, meeting all of the wonderful people around the world and reading their thoughts in blogging.
Oh yeah, did I mention anything about woodworking? No? Well, maybe next time.
Blogs I’m nominating
These bloggers that I am nominating are just a few of the wonderful people out there in the blogosphere. If I were to list everyone, the list would be 18 pages long and growing. Thank you for providing a snapshot of life from your side of the street 🙂
Chris The Story Reading Ape – Chris Graham
Daily Echo – Sue Vincent
Inesemjphotography – Inese
Myths of the Mirror – Diana
Viv The Owl Lady @V@
Yadadarcyyada – Donna Parker
Rules for the Award
In conclusion, to all my blogger nominees, here is the list of rules to participate:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to her/his blog.
- List 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them by posting on their site.
- List the rules and display the award.
Source: Look what you’ve done….